Need a quick pick-me-up? Try a Single Serving Rice Krispie Treat– ready in just 3 minutes!
Single Serving Desserts
My first super-viral individual dessert (edible cookie dough) was posted on a whim. I honestly thought that folks would think I was crazy for having the urge to sit around and eat cookie dough.
But I soon realized I wasn’t the only and small-batch desserts are in-demand. Lots of folks out there need a little taste of something. Since I’ve started to create recipes for all of my favorites- just for a little taste.
Homemade Rice Krispie Treats
Turns out homemade Rice Krispie treats are one of the easiest desserts to make small batch. Truth be told, half the time I don’t even measure, I just eyeball it.
This single-serving Rice Krispie treat is probably more like two servings… but who are we kidding, when you’ve had the kind of day that implores you to want a comforting dessert at 9:00pm, you probably need more than just one serving anyhow. This is a judgement-free zone.
What You’ll Need
- Butter– I actually use salted butter in this recipe, I know, I know- I’m usually all about controlling the salt. It helps balance the sweetness so let’s consider this a shortcut.
- Marshmallows– With such a small batch, mini marshmallows work best, although you can use any size you want. We even have this handy marshmallow conversion chart for you. If you like yours extra gooey, add another tablespoon.
- Rice Krispies– Let’s face it, this puffed rice cereal is what made this dessert famous, but you can really make it with type of cereal- let’s just call them cereal treats.
- Sprinkles– Optional, but as my 4-year-old would tell you sprinkles make everything better and if you are having a ho-hum I need a giant rice krispie treat kinda day, you might need sprinkles to make you smile.
How to Make a Single Rice Krispie Treat
The process is pretty easy!
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 45 seconds.
- Remove and stir until smooth.
- Pour in the Rice Krispies, or other cereal.
- Now for the real question- do you prefer yours warm and gooey or do you let it sit and cool? Either option is acceptable- but if you eat it warm, I recommend using a fork instead of your hands.
As we mentioned, this recipe works with nearly any type of cereal. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Fruit Loops
- Lucky Charms
- Fruity Pebbles
- Cocoa Puffs
- Captain Crunch
Storage & Leftovers
It’s a single-serving cereal treat, if there are leftovers, you are doing it wrong! Same goes for freezing. Buckle up and finish that dessert!
More Small Batch Desserts
- Small Batch Chocolate Cupcakes
- Small Batch Vanilla Cupcakes
- Single Serving Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
Single Serving Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/3 heaping cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- sprinkles , optional
- Place the butter and marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for 45 seconds on high. Remove carefully and stir until smooth.
- Fold in Rice Krispie cereal until blended and top with sprinkles, optional.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings.