Sometimes I want a decadent chocolate dessert and don’t have one handy. This 4 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge comes together so quickly I can have my dessert ready within an hour after dinner to go with my streaming shows.
I’ve always enjoyed making homemade fudge for gifts during the holidays, but this quick fudge is amazing for a quick treat. While I love a classic fudge recipe, this easy one is just as tasty
The next time that you need a chocolate fix, or you’re looking for an easy fudge recipe, check out this one that will come together so quickly.
Why You’ll Love 4 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
Table of Contents
The best part of this easy recipe is how few ingredients there are. What’s not to love about an easy-to-make fudge that only takes a few minutes?
- Easy – The basic ingredients are few and the time to combine and cook them is efficient.
- Convenient – You might have most of these simple ingredients in your pantry already, but if you don’t you can easily access them.
- Portable – The fudgy bars can be tossed into ziploc bags or wrapped individually to take to parties, cookouts, or bake sales.
There are just a few ingredients which makes this the most simple 4 ingredient chocolate fudge recipe.
- Sweetened condensed milk – Instead of adding sugar, use sweetened condensed milk.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – Instead of semisweet chocolate chips, use bittersweet chocolate chips. If you want even more sweetness, you can feel free to use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips.
- Unsalted butter – Cut the butter into small pieces to make it easier to mix. Most sweetened condensed milk fudge recipes don’t use butter, but using it in this recipe makes the fudge silky.
- Vanilla extract – Make your own or use your store-bought bottle, but make sure to use
- Mini chocolate chips – These are optional, but add more chocolatey flavor.
- Cocoa Powder – For more chocolatey flavor, sprinkly in cocoa powder.
How To Make 4 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
It really couldn’t be easier to make this fudge. There are so few ingredients and just a few steps, too.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and butter into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave those ingredients. Melt chocolate chips and other ingredients until smooth.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the microwave.
- Then, add the vanilla. Whisk the vanilla in until fully incorporated.
- If any small chunks remain in the mixture, return it to the microwave for 30 seconds before stirring again.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the baking dish prepared with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips, if desired. Press them in lightly so that they stick.
- Refrigerate until ready to cut and serve.
This fudge is fabulous as-is but you can also pour in some tasty add-ins to make it even more amazing.
- Nuts – Toss in some crushed pecans, walnuts, or peanuts to add nutty texture.
- Sea salt – Sprinkle sea salt on top for a salty sweet treat.
- Candy – Use mini M&Ms or crush up your favorite candy with a rolling pin or a mallet (after placing them in a ziploc bag).
- Marshmallows and graham crackers – Try folding in mini-marshmallows, marshmallow fluff, or marshmallow cream and bits of graham cracker for a s’mores take on fudge.
- Chips – Fold in peanut butter or butterscotch chips for fun flavors that mix with chocolate.
- Sprinkles – Create a funfetti style fudge by folding in colorful sprinkles.
- White chocolate – Add white chocolate chips for a polka-dot style fudge.
- Nut butter – Swirl in peanut butter or almond butter for a nutty, creamy texture.
- Maple Syrup – Add just a touch of maple syrup in your fudge for an extra layer of flavor.
- Sunflower seed – Add seeds that you like to add some nutrients and crunchiness.
Storage and Freezing
Storage: This 4 ingredient chocolate fudge can be stored at room temperature for 2 to 3 weeks. Wrap it in wax paper or store it in an airtight container with a lid or aluminum foil.
Freezer: Store fudge in the freezer for up to 3 months. Avoid refrigerating, though, as it can rob fudge of its moisture.
More Chocolatey Desserts
4-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- 14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips , optional
- Line an 8×8 or 9×9 square pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove and whisk vigorously, adding the vanilla. If there are still small chunks, return to microwave for 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, if desired. Press lightly into the tacky surface to stick.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for an hour. Cut into 16 small squares.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings.