When we go camping, I think I’m as excited as my kiddos for the main event — roasting marshmallows and then slapping the gooey goodness between chocolate and graham crackers. That’s what inspired this delicious S’mores Cookie Bars recipe.
These bars combine all of those classic s’mores flavors and make it a more accessible treat (since they don’t require an open outdoor flame!). The only difference is that these use Teddy Grahams — they’re a little heartier than traditional graham crackers.
What I really like about these bars, too, is that they’re so simple and easy to make. You whip them up in nearly no time at all, and they’re great if you want to get the kiddos into the kitchen helping, too.
You can also make them your own with variations or just by simply adding extra chocolate chips for an even more decadent bar.
The next time you want to try a new cookie recipe, try baking up these bars. Everyone at your house will be asking for “s’more!”
Why You’ll Love S’mores Cookie Bars
Table of Contents
So convenient – You’ll find that most of the main ingredients for these cookie bars are already in your cabinet.
Great for anytime – While you might make traditional s’mores in the warmer months, these are great for rainy nights when you can’t make a fire. This is also a great recipe in the winter when it’s too chilly to head outside.
Super Easy – This easy recipe only requires a few steps to mix the dough — then, just put them in the oven and they bake up quickly. Even if this is your first time making a cookie bar, you’ll find they come together in a flash.
On-point for any occasion – You can serve these up at a holiday party as easily as at a cookout, kids’ party, or your book club meeting.
- Light brown sugar – Make sure that the brown sugar is packed in the measuring cup to ensure you’re using the appropriate amount. You can also substitute dark brown sugar if needed.
- Unsalted butter – Soften the butter before baking so that it is easier to mix with the other ingredients. You can either leave it on the counter prior to baking or microwave it in intervals.
- Eggs – Be sure to use large sized eggs.
- Vanilla extract – Easily make your own vanilla extract, or grab it at the grocery store.
- All-purpose flour – This is what helps ensure that your cookies rise and have the perfect texture.
- Baking powder – Baking powder also helps the cookies to rise. Make sure to use the powder, and not baking soda.
- Sea salt – Use fine sea salt to make sure that it dissolves quickly while you’re mixing the dough.
- Mini marshmallows – These are the perfect size for these cookies. If you’re in a pinch, you could tear or slice larger size marshmallows.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – These add just the right chocolate flavor to the bars.
- Honey Teddy Graham Cookies – These cute cookies make these bars absolutely adorable. They also lend a perfect crunchiness to the cookie bars.
How To Make S’mores Cookie Bars
- Cream butter and sugar. In a large bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or food processor), combine butter with brown sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. To the mixture, add the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Sift dry ingredients. In a separate large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Either sift the dry ingredients into the bowl or use a whisk to mix them in order to make sure all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Add the dry mixture into the butter mixture and beat until completely combined. All dry ingredients should be moist and incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows. Using a spatula, fold the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows into the cookie dough. Be sure that they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Add dough to baking dish. Drop the dough onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish lined with parchment paper. Using your hands, a spoon, or a spatula, spread the dough in an even layer to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Press in Teddy Grahams. Press the Teddy Grahams into the top of the cookie dough in a single layer.
- Bake. Bake bars in the oven until lightly golden brown. Remove the bars from the oven and allow them to cool completely in the pan. Ensure that the bars have reached room temperature before cutting them into squares.
- Graham crackers – Instead of Teddy Grahams, use graham cracker pieces or crush them and sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over top.
- Marshmallow fluff – Try adding fluff or marshmallow creme for an airier texture and more marshmallow flavor to your s’mores cookie bars.
- Chocolate – Substitute milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks for some of all of the semi-sweet chips. You can break up Hershey’s chocolate bars into small pieces or choose one of your own personal favorite chocolate bars.
- Coconut sugar – There are claims that coconut sugar is less likely to spike blood sugar levels than white sugar. If that’s a concern for you, you can substitute coconut sugar in a 1:1 ratio.
- Sauces and syrups – Add some melted peanut butter or caramel sauce to the batter, or drizzle a little bit over top. You can experiment with other similar ingredients like maple syrup — you may want to adjust the amount of sugar you use if you’re adding it to the batter.
Storage and Freezing
Store s’mores cookie bars in an airtight container or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for 3-4 months.
More Fun Bar Recipes
S’mores Cookie Bars
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Honey Teddy Graham Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture into the butter mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows into the cookie dough.
- Drop the dough onto the baking sheet and spread it to cover the bottom.
- Press the Teddy Grahams into the cookie dough.
- Bake cookie bars in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before cutting them into squares.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how they were in the comments or star ratings.
These were so delicious for our summer sleepover! The marshmallows were our favorite part!
These smores bars were so delicious. Adding the teddy grahams was such a delight and were super cute for my kids to enjoy!
These look like a perfect way to finish out the Summer! Can’t wait to try!
These were so delicious! Marshmallows and chocolate just go together.
The Teddy Bear Graham Crackers were an incredible idea for these cookies! Everyone gobbled these up immediately.
These bars were a huge hit! Thanks