Too cold outside for a camping trip? No fire pit at your house? This easy S’mores Dip is an easy way to make indoor s’mores without an open flame or camp fire. All you need are three ingredients and a hot oven.
We love s’mores at our house. The gooey chocolate, the perfectly toasted marshmallow and the crunchy graham cracker are perfect for the optimal dessert recipe.
S’mores Year Round!
Table of Contents
However, that long stretch of winter with no camping or bonfires is a long time to wait for one of my favorite desserts. So why not make it all year round and turn it into a delicious dip!
Dessert dip recipes have been all the rage lately, and it’s easy to see why! They require minimal ingredients, almost no time at all and they’re absolutely incredible and easy to transport. They take classic recipes and turn them into the perfect sweet treat that is dippable.
That’s exactly what this smores dip is: easy to make, quick to prepare, simple ingredients and always a crowd pleaser.
The ingredients for this recipe are so easy it’s almost laughable. You only need three, that’s right- three, ingredients to make this easy dessert– and an oven safe skillet like a cast iron.
- Chocolate chips – I like using semi-sweet chocolate chips because the marshmallows themselves are very sweet. However, you could use plain milk chocolate Hershey bars, chocolate chunks, milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate or chopped up baking chocolate if you prefer.
- Marshmallows – I used regular marshmallows for my dip. However, feel free to use mini marshmallows large marshmallows or even jumbo marshmallows. The only thing I wouldn’t use would be marshmallow fluff.
- Graham crackers – These are just used for dipping. Crunchy graham crackers finish off the whole s’mores flavor. However, feel free to use any other dippers you’d prefer.
How to Make S’mores Dip Recipe
You are going to love how easy it is to make this amazing dessert dip. The steps are simple, and keep in mind that nothing has to be exact in this easy recipe. You can change and modify things to your liking!
- Pour chocolate chips in the bottom of the pan. I have found that a 9-inch, heavy cast-iron skillet works best for this recipe. But if you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you could use any other oven-safe baking dish.
- Place the fluffy marshmallows (or marshmallow halves if using larger marshmallows) right on top of the chocolate in a single layer. You will want to squish them in fairly tightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, but keep a close eye for the marshmallows to be perfectly golden brown. You don’t want them to burn!
- Remove from the oven and allow the dip to sit for a few minutes. This allows the melty chocolate to become fully melted.
- Serve with graham crackers or your favorite dippers and enjoy!
The great thing about this smores dip is that you can totally customize it. It’s not a recipe that requires specific measurements or specific ingredients to still turn out ooey gooey and delicious.
- For the melted chocolate layer, try throwing in peanut butter cups or even peanut butter chips to take things to the next level. Perfect for any peanut butter lover!
- As stated previously, you don’t have to stick with semisweet chocolate chips. Use your favorite type of chocolate bar, (Hershey’s milk chocolate bars are great!) or even throw in white chocolate chips.
- Although graham crackers, toasted marshmallows and ooey-gooey chocolate are the perfect trifecta for the original recipe of a s’more, you can feel free to use dippers of your choice. Vanilla wafers, potato chips, pretzel crisps and peanut butter cookies are all great choices!
- Make it Salted Caramel using caramel sauce and sprinkle of fleur de del.
Leftovers and Storage of S’mores Dip
Can’t eat it all and want to be able to enjoy it the next day? No problem! Leftover dip may be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
To reheat it you will want to place it in the oven at 350 degrees until the chocolate is melted again.
More Dessert Recipes
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 10 ounces large marshmallows , this can vary depending on the size of your pan
- graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the bottom of a 9-inch, heavy cast-iron or another ovenproof skillet.
- Arrange the marshmallows on top, snuggling them in tightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, but watch closely for the marshmallows to be golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the pan to sit for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to fully melt.
- Serve the dip with graham crackers, fruit or other dippers.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and leave a comment or star rating!