These copycat Crumbl Reese’s cookies are the marriage between a soft peanut butter cookie with chunks of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and a creamy, smooth peanut butter topping with even more peanut butter cup pieces. Peanut butter lovers will go nuts over these.
These cookies are the brainchild of the Crumbl bakery which has locations throughout the United States. They’re known for their incredible cookies and weekly rotating menu of flavors.
If you’ve had the real thing, you are likely already excited to be able to make these at home.
And if you haven’t, you’re in for a treat. With a list of simple ingredients and an easy-to-follow recipe, you may wind up putting this on your list of the best things you’ve baked in your kitchen.
Why You’ll Love Copycat Crumbl Reese’s Cookies
Table of Contents
If you’re a peanut butter lover there’s no reason not to love these cookies!
- Easy – While there are a few steps to make them, the process is easy for anyone from an experienced baker to a newer cookie-maker.
- Decadent – Peanut butter and chocolate mingle together in these soft cookies with its creamy topping.
- Versatile – These are as great to make for snacking at home as they are for impressing guests at parties.
One of the keys to getting the best results when baking is to allow all ingredients to come to room temperature. Because the texture is a key element to making these cookies taste just like Crumbl’s, make sure to give ingredients time to reach the right temperature.
- All-purpose flour – It’s important to use just the right flour for this recipe. Be sure that you have all purpose flour on hand and not cake flour or another variety.
- Baking powder – This leavening agent helps give the cookies just the right rise.
- Cream of tartar – Cream of tartar contributes to the texture of the cookies so it’s an essential ingredient in this recipe.
- Butter – Contrary to typical baking recipes, this one does use salted rather than unsalted butter.
- Peanut butter – This ingredient is key to the recipe — make sure you use your favorite variety or other high quality natural peanut butter.
- Brown sugar – You can use either light or dark brown sugar. Dark brown sugar will impart more molasses flavor and potentially a slightly darker colored cookie.
- Powdered sugar – This type of sugar helps to add smoothness to the texture in addition to its sweetness.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla helps to bring out the flavors of all of the other ingredients.
- Eggs – Like most baked goods, this recipe requires large sized eggs.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Using a sharp knife, chop these up into pieces.
- Reese’s peanut butter chips – You can find these in the baking aisle at the grocery store.
- Coconut oil – While you can use other oils, this imparts the perfect flavor.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Just like the peanut butter cups in the cookie batter, you’ll want to chop these so that you can sprinkle them over top.
How To Make Crumbl-style Reese’s Cookies
These delicious cookies are surprisingly easy to make. Just be sure to have all of your ingredients handy before you start baking
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and cream of tartar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or use an electric mixer), add the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar.
- Beginning mixing on low speed until the confectioner’s sugar is incorporated and then increase the speed and mix until completely combined.
- Then, add vanilla and eggs, continuing to mix.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape the sides of the bowl while mixing to be sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Next, fold in the chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Using a large cookie scooper, form the balls of cookie dough and place them on the cookie sheet prepared with parchment paper.
- Flatten the cookies using a glass or measuring cup.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake until golden brown.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to come to room temperature.
- Before frosting the cookies with the topping, place peanut butter chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in intervals to melt, stirring each time.
- Use a spoon to spread the peanut butter mixture over the top of the cookies.
- Sprinkle the top of each cookie with the remaining chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
What to Serve with Copycat Crumbl Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
These cookies are so delicious and decadent you hardly need anything to go with them except a big glass of milk or a steaming cup of coffee (we love dalgona whipped coffee for a special treat). You can also up the chocolate factor and pair them with homemade hot chocolate, white hot chocolate, or whipped hot chocolate.
For the adult crowd, you can try whipping up some white chocolate martinis, Bailey’s Irish Cream coffee, or espresso martinis.
Variations on Crumbl Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
Since these are copycat cookies we don’t want to suggest too many changes that will vary the flavor but there are a couple changes you can make!
- Unsalted butter – If you choose to use unsalted butter, add ½ teaspoon of salt to the dry ingredients when mixing.
- Creamy peanut butter – Swap out the peanut butter chips in the frosting for melted smooth peanut butter.
- Reese’s Pieces – Continue the Reese’s theme by adding Reese’s Pieces or swapping out some of the chopped peanut butter cups.
Make Ahead, Storage and Freezing
These cookies can be left on the countertop (for up to 3 days in airtight storage) or kept in the fridge or freezer. You can also wrap them in plastic wrap.
Make ahead: The flattened balls of cookie dough can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours or in the freezer for up to 2 months. If you keep it in the freezer, allow 24 hours for it to thaw in the refrigerator before baking.
Refrigerator: These cookies can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week in an airtight container or ziploc bag.
Freezer: Store cookies in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag for up to 2 months.
Common Questions About Copycat Crumbl Reese’s Cookies
Crumbl cookies are known for their soft texture. In particular, completely creaming the butter and sugar helps to ensure they have just the right mouthfeel.
Crumbl’s weekly menu changes regularly but they do have some repeats. Learning how to make them at home means not having to worry about it, though!
While there’s debate about this on social media (namely TikTok), we suspect that you’re already a fan if you’re reading this recipe. If you’ve never tried them, it’s worth checking out this recipe so you can weigh in on the hype
More Creative Cookies
Copycat Crumbl Reese’s Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup Reese’s peanut butter cups chopped
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ cup Reese’s peanut butter cups chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, and cream of tartar. Whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, add butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar, and mix well.
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well. Scrap down the sides of the bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter cups.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough into 10 balls.
- Spread evenly on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Using the bottom of a flat glass or measuring cup, flatten the cookie to about ½ inch thickness.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes and allow them to cool completely after baking.
- To make cookie topping, melt peanut butter chips and oil in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between.
- Using a spoon, pour peanut butter over the top of each cookie
- Sprinkle with chopped Reese peanut butter cups.
I love this recipe! All this yummy goodness in my belly in under an hour! Perfect!
Better than the real deal!
I’m always ready for a delicious dessert! Can’t wait to make it this weekend!
These cookies are such a treat and the cake topping takes them to the next level!