Who doesn’t adore chocolate chip cookie dough? There’s likely no time in my life that I haven’t wanted to just lick it off the spoon. Now, chocolate chip cookie dough dip is a much better spin on the batter.
Since we know now what we didn’t know then, licking raw cookie dough off the spoon isn’t always the safest what with raw eggs and such. But what if you could just chase away the day with some chocolate chip cookie dough without the guilt?
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip that you can eat safely with a spoon instead of having to lick the batter on the blades is the perfect alternative to a guilty treat, and it skips the baking.
Instead of baking the cookies, you can quickly whip up this easy recipe and settle in to binge-watch or just keep the littles content with a snack that’s sure to satisfy them before bed.
This quick dip comes together so easily that you can whip it up on a weeknight or make multiple batches for a backyard get-together.
Why You’ll Love This Cookie Dough Dip
An easy dip full of cookie dough flavor- what’s not to love?
- Loved by all – Sweet dips like this creamy cookie dough dip are always a hit at parties. It tastes just like edible cookie dough!
- Customizable – The best part of this dip is how easy you can change it up. Swap out the milk chocolate chips for white chocolate chips, or even toffee pieces.
- No bake dessert – I don’t know about you, but in the heat of summer I like to have a couple go to no bake desserts up my sleeve.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip Ingredients
This delicious dip is made with pantry ingredients- most of which you probably already have on hand!
- Cream cheese– full fat cream cheese is going to make this dish creamy but if you prefer Neufchatel you can use it instead. Try a whipped version to make combining ingredients easier. Whatever you do, make sure it is very well softened or room temperature so it blends smoothly.
- Unsalted butter – leave your butter out for a bit (a half hour to an hour) or you can also microwave it at 15 second intervals to get the consistency you prefer. If you are using salted butter, omit the additional salt.
- Powdered sugar – using this variety, instead of typical cane sugar, will give your dip a smoother consistency.
- Light brown sugar– with far less molasses than dark brown sugar, this variety of brown sugar will give the right amount of sweetness as well as the smooth texture needed for chocolate chip cookie dough dip and gives it the signature taste of cookie dough.
- Vanilla extract- this ingredient can be the hidden star in most baking recipes. It brings out the other flavors while balancing the entire recipe.
- Fine Sea salt– as opposed to table salt, sea salt has a slightly stronger taste than typical table salt and also contains trace minerals, making it a superior choice over regular salt. Use a fine salt so it combines and dissolves faster than coarse.
- Mini chocolate chips – these bits will add all of the necessary texture and goodness to your chocolate chip cookie dough. Add as much as you love to have in your dip.
Other options for mix-ins include dark chocolate chips, salty pretzels, crushed candy canes, mini M&Ms, chopped candy bars, chopped nuts like peanuts, walnuts or pecans, peanut butter chips, toffee bits or caramel chips.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- Combine the cream cheese and butter – Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until they are combined.
- Add other ingredients to the cream cheese and butter mixture – Incorporate the powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix until all are fully combined.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chips – By hand, stir in chocolate chips by folding the mixture repeatedly.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough can be served immediately or covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving to let the dip soften. Serve with your favorite dippers!
What To Serve With Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
While this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip recipe could just be licked off a spoon, there are endless possibilities to serve with it. Some ideas:
- Honey graham crackers
- Pretzels or pretzel rods
- Fresh fruit
- Teddy grahams
- Mini chocolate chip cookies
- Animal crackers
- Vanilla wafers
We like this decadent dip recipe exactly as written, but good news! There are plenty of ways to add a fun twist.
- Funfetti dip – You can totally switch things up and replace the chocolate chips with sprinkles.
- Cream cheese cookie dough dip – If you’d like to up the cream cheese flavor, replace half the butter with more cream cheese.
- Thin it out – If you feel this yummy dip is too thick, you can thin it out with a little bit of heavy cream.
- Mix-ins – Feel free to play around with the mix ins. The options are really endless!
Storage and Freezing
Storage: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container. Leftover dip can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezing: Freezing Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is not recommended.
Other Dessert Dip Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter , softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips , plus more for topping
- Dippers , see notes
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix until fully combined.
- By hand, fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving to letting it soften. Serve with your favorite dippers.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings.